No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the interesting things about the Arbury case his how much public perception of it is being shaped by myths and lies instead of facts. One of the implied reasons for Arbury to rush at the McMichaels is the belief that white-on-black violence actually exists. By and large, it doesn't. It's incredibly rare. But nonetheless, the standard defense of Arbury is that when confronted by three racists white rednecks, he had no choice but to charge at them to try and save his life, because three white guys with a gun obviously are out to murder random black guys.

White people randomly climb into trucks with their case of beer and hell "Yeehaww, let's go kill us some coons!" while hunting random black people in the street, like the guys shooting kangaroos in Crocodile Dundee. (Liberals actually believe this).

Anyone familiar with crime statistics knows how utterly ridiculous this is. But it's the most common interpretation of the event that I have seen.
    Last edited by Hannibal; November 10, 2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Once, years ago, I had a guy trying to steal my riding mower at 2am. I had a beagle and a border collie at the time and the thing about trained beagles is they have a sound for just about everything. If it’s a game animal, they alert but are quiet until they chase. If it’s a human, a cat, or another dog they have distinctive yips, grunts, bays, howls, and barks.

Anyway, 2am and the beagle alerted that someone was on my property. Got up and the border collie was standing at the back door at attention. So, I got a .45, went out the side door and got the drop on him. He complied, cops arrived shortly after, he admitted his guilt, and went into a treatment program.

I’ve had a lot of friends ask me over the years if he had come at me or tried to pull something out of his pocket, would I have shot him? The answer is an ironclad -without hesitation- Yes. Two in the chest, one in the head. But if he had taken off (empty handed) running, either from my out building or my neighbor’s, would I have chased him down? The answer to that is no. I’m not getting in my truck and chasing him down with my firearm. It just seems to me that it goes beyond the threshold of a reasonable response.

I have no doubt that the guy in Georgia wasn’t a jogger and was up to no good. I just don’t think the three guys’ actions were especially reasonable considering what they knew in this instance when they decided to give chase and citizen arrest the guy who had been at their neighbor’s building site.

As always: Your mileage may vary.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I wouldn't chase the guy down either, but if I did, it wouldn't make me a murderer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          I wouldn't chase the guy down either, but if I did, it wouldn't make me a murderer.
          I think their case would be better if he had a sack of stolen stuff from the building site. As it is, they chased a guy down with guns who had ignored the plastic “No Trespassing” sign bought at Wal-Mart and nailed to a pine tree in their neighbor’s yard.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Holy shit, Rittenhouse is on the stand!

Comment

• He has to say he was acting reasonably.. Gotta testify.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I figured with what looks like sizeable lead going to the clubhouse, you'd play keep-away.

Comment

• Heh. His dad lives in Kenosha along with a grandmother and other close relatives. WHY WOULD HE BE IN KENOSHA!??!!?!?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I figured with what looks like sizeable lead going to the clubhouse, you'd play keep-away.
                    I'm not so sure that they have the lead. I think that you are making the mistake of assuming that the jury will approach the case as logically as you are. "White supremacist" is a very powerful label. White Supremacy occupies the same mind space in 2021 as Satan and witchcraft in the Middle Ages.

With that said, if there is an acquittal, I hope that Rittenhouse goes on an epic revenge tour and bankrupts a half dozen media companies in the process.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; November 10, 2021, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• True on both counts.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that the City of Kenosha acquiesced to an angry mob of Leftist thugs. It was absolute anarchy and they just stood idly by. This is how you end up with civilians running around putting out fires, protecting businesses and property, rendering first aid... You know, things that public safety departments are supposed to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

What gives you that impression?
                        Jenny up to her old tricks again. We should be thankful that she's not running our state anymore. Except, because, we've got someone even worse.

Comment

• So, the Prosecution has proven its prima facie case for at least some of the counts. Rittenhouse did, in fact, kill two people. For Rittenhouse to get acquitted he needs to prove that he reasonably feared for his mind. Now, you may -- may -- be able infer that. But, it's much better if Rittenhouse gets on the stand and says, "yeah, I was fucking afraid when the dude lunged at me and when the dude pointed his gun at me." Furthermore, the jury is going to want to hear from him. If he his credible -- and I think he will be because he can tell a story that is entirely corroborated by the evidence -- then his testimony will seal his acquittal.

The only caveat is if he's has something hiding in closet that somehow the defense opens the door for and allows the prosecution to dig into (cross-examination is generally limited to the scope fo the testimony on direct).

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well he broke down retelling the fatal encounter with Rosenbaum. Those ain't crocodile tears, I thought he was gonna throw up. Judge took a 10 minute break. Prior to that he was very composed and credible. I can't imagine that emotion hurt his case.

Comment

• If there was anything in the closet on Rittenhouse, the media would have found it. Knowing how they blatantly make up stuff, he must be an angel.

One of the great parallels between Rittenhouse and Arbury is that in both instances, a "victim" took a bullet in the abdomen whilst trying to wrest a gun away from somebody. A lot of people think that Arbury acted rationally, because nobody could possibly be stupid or impulsive enough to try and grab somebody's weapon in that manner unless their life was in danger. But as the Rittenhouse video proves, actually yes, some people are that stupid, impulsive, and predisposed to violence. In Georgia, it was a black guy. In Kenosha, it was a newly minted "Good Communist" white guy.

Comment

• Pause the video at 19:57.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdLe...st=LL&index=14

One of the victims that Rittenhouse is on trial for "assaulting" is the guy in the black hat trying to curb stomp him.

Whatever sense of outrage that you feel over this kids spending a minute in jail, it's not enough.

There have to be real consequences for this fiasco. For the prosecutor. For the media. For the surviving rioters. Everyone.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; November 10, 2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X