No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The judge asked if there were any veterans in the room and the only one was a defense witness who was about to take the stand. The judge then asked the courtroom to give him a round of applause. That's at least a little awkward. But it probably goes on in small town courtrooms all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I saw that bit last night. Tucker has really found his touch. No wonder he's on top of the ratings.
      Gutfeld is just as good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        The judge asked if there were any veterans in the room and the only one was a defense witness who was about to take the stand. The judge then asked the courtroom to give him a round of applause. That's at least a little awkward. But it probably goes on in small town courtrooms all the time.
        I doubt, at this point, the jury can tell the difference between prosecution and defense witnesses since they all say the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I doubt, at this point, the jury can tell the difference between prosecution and defense witnesses since they all say the same thing.
          Haha, fair enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            The judge asked if there were any veterans in the room and the only one was a defense witness who was about to take the stand. The judge then asked the courtroom to give him a round of applause. That's at least a little awkward. But it probably goes on in small town courtrooms all the time.
            Yeah, it’s a bit Mayberryish, but I’m kinda surprised that in a room full of cops, he was the only veteran.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Meanwhile in the Arbery case

The funniest part of the clip is the reaction of the blonde defense lawyer on the right. She almost does a double face palm but catches herself. Oh I’m just fixing my hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                Hey Wiz: I think Michigan's Attorney General Dana (Nessie) Nessel took our "bloody mary" suggestion a bit too far. Seems the honorable attorney general was drunk on her ass while attending the recent Michigan v MSU game. She blames it on drinking too many bloody mary's before the game.

Ms. Nessie had to be placed in a wheelchair, and taken to her vehicle where her "wife" took her home. At least she didn't try to drive.

What a lovely way to set an example for the citizens of Michigan. She's the top law enforcement officer in Michigan!!!

67163274-b09a-41a7-a61c-4851f481e68c-Dana_Nessel_Weiser.png?width=660&height=561&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp.jpg

Nessie is on the right. You can tell she's about 3 sheets to the wind before the game.

And, of course, Gretch was there too. She never misses a good party opportunity.

The unknown guy in the middle is saying, "I heard they were giving out free bloody mary's" ...
                Probably reads this forum. I'm sure we will be held responsible...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I could easily see this being idiotic twitter fodder or some sort of Joy Reid bullshit. But, man -- it's fucking CNN. And it's a NEWS story.
                  Sorry. But CNN has no news stories.

Comment

• Are the Rittenhouse closing arguments not televised? It’s today, correct? I have been watching earlier this week on HLN, but they are nothing but the Arbery ridiculousness this morning.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Gutfeld is just as good.

I watch Gutfeld all the time.

At least he admits he's not a news reporter, and his commentary is about 99% satire.

He's currently the top rated late night talk show.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Are the Rittenhouse closing arguments not televised? It’s today, correct? I have been watching earlier this week on HLN, but they are nothing but the Arbery ridiculousness this morning.
                        I thought the lawyers were discussing jury instructions with the judges today, then closing arguments on Monday.

I could be wrong
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I thought the lawyers were discussing jury instructions with the judges today, then closing arguments on Monday.

I could be wrong
                          That makes sense.

Comment

• Could be?

Better than average chance.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Are the Rittenhouse closing arguments not televised? It’s today, correct? I have been watching earlier this week on HLN, but they are nothing but the Arbery ridiculousness this morning.
                              They are Monday, 10:00 EST. 2.5 hours allotted to each side.

Speaking of the conclusion of this trial, yesterday the judge said he wanted to have closing today because he wanted to start a new jury trial on Monday. LOL. He obviously thinks there will be a short deliberation. Both attorneys agreed that they wanted to go Monday and lobbied the judge who then granted their request.

On a related note from a WaPo article impugning the judge:

“It seems like he’s aiming to let this man out of this courthouse scot-free and we’re not going to let that happen,” said Justin Blake, whose nephew Jacob Blake was shot by a police officer last year, triggering the nights of unrest that drew Rittenhouse to Kenosha. “If it happens, we’re not going to be quiet about it.”

Fortunately, Kyle Rittenhouse will be available if anyone would like him to protect their business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Sorry. But CNN has no news stories.
                                They need for another plane to go missing. Maybe they'll reopen the search for Flight 19.

Comment

Working...
                                X