No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything I am seeing int The Media!!! is saying that Omicron spreads rapidly but does not seem to be very dangerous.

From ABC News

​​​​​​
    Fauci says early reports encouraging about omicron variant

​​​​​​“Thus far, it does not look like there’s a great degree of severity to it,” Fauci said. “But we have really got to be careful before we make any determinations that it is less severe or it really doesn’t cause any severe illness, comparable to delta.”
    Seems to be a prudent approach..

That appears to be the message from all of the major news outlets other than FOX, of course. They are still pitching its narrative the Fauci is the the devil, but FOX gonna FOX.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Fauci will undoubtedly recommend that everyone stay masked up and indoors and avoid large gatherings for the omicron variant, and all subsequent variants after that.

Comment

• From CNN:

White House quietly tries to reshape economic coverage

The White House, not happy with the news media's coverage of the supply chain and economy, has been working behind the scenes trying to reshape coverage in its favor. Senior White House and admin officials — including NEC Deputy Directors David Kamin and Bharat Ramamurti, along with Ports Envoy John Porcari — have been briefing major newsrooms over the past week, a source tells me.

The officials have been discussing with newsrooms trends pertaining to job creation, economic growth, supply chains, and more. The basic argument that has been made: That the country's economy is in much better shape than it was last year. I'm told the conversations have been productive, with anchors and reporters and producers getting to talk with the officials...
        (Emphasis original).

The Chairman needs The Media to fall back in line. I can't conceive of PDJT meeting The Media to try to "reshape" coverage of anything. It's astounding. ASTOUNDING.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You can cite all the fancy economic stats that you want but so long as basic foodstuffs and gasoline keep going up, ordinary people won't care.

At least natural gas this winter won't be anywhere near as high as once feared. With milder temps projected deep into December, nat gas futures are barely half of what they were in October.

Comment

• Did Chairman Poopypants make the weather warmer with the noxious gases from his Depends?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              You can cite all the fancy economic stats that you want but so long as basic foodstuffs and gasoline keep going up, ordinary people won't care.

At least natural gas this winter won't be anywhere near as high as once feared. With milder temps projected deep into December, nat gas futures are barely half of what they were in October.
              I think this a sincere take, but it could be sass. I'll go with the former and, well, agree. But I'll note that The Chairman's official position is that things are either great or, at least, very good and The Media isn't doing it's job in relating as much (along with failing to adequately relate the great benefits the reconciliation bill).

Now, I'm of the mind that higher prices are higher prices. Supply shortages are supply shortages. So I'd agree with what you said, whether it's sass or serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                Did Chairman Poopypants make the weather warmer with the noxious gases from his Depends?
                STFU

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I think this a sincere take, but it could be sass. I'll go with the former and, well, agree. But I'll note that The Chairman's official position is that things are either great or, at least, very good and The Media isn't doing it's job in relating as much (along with failing to adequately relate the great benefits the reconciliation bill).

Now, I'm of the mind that higher prices are higher prices. Supply shortages are supply shortages. So I'd agree with what you said, whether it's sass or serious.
                  It was serious because I do believe most people's interpretation of "the economy" is directly connected to the price of essential consumer goods and not some stat like labor force participation or whatever. I also think a lot of what the Biden people are saying is true also. The quote-unquote "economy" IS better right now than it was for most of 2020. But people won't care about that so long as gas prices keep climbing (they aren't really anymore but haven't gone down much either).

And it's not a messaging problem, which is what these media huddles imply. People tune out media campaigns that don't match the reality they're facing or, worse, get angry at them.

Comment

• Correct.

JFC, agreeing with DSL is almost as bad as wishing Alabam"Alum" was back.

Wiz, just shoot me. Right in the head, just shoot me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

STFU
                      shaddup
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Correct.

JFC, agreeing with DSL is almost as bad as wishing Alabam"Alum" was back.

Wiz, just shoot me. Right in the head, just shoot me.
                        Like you have to ask...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I wasn't asking, dillmunch, I was telling. You fucking twatwaffle nincompoop.

Comment

• ...yes Talent...I will kill you...anything for a buddy...

XOXOXO
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yer the best...

Comment

• Miscellaneous question for you fuckers...I'm looking to get a Blackstone Grill for my lakehouse...any recommendations. Seem to be a big price
                                range on these fuckers. Please answer then STFU.

Thanks,

Yer Pal,

THE_WIZARD_, Esq.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X