No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On that one I would have convicted on 2nd degree but probably not 1st degree. That's a hard case to sort through. I think the jury had a hard time, too. Hopefully the sentencing will reflect some commonsense.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

The simplicity of the theory that natural immunity, ostensibly conferred by becoming infected with SARS2, produces herd immunity with the virus running out of naïve hosts does not fully apply in the current circumstance.
      Other simple theory worth considering is that the natural immunity theory doesn't fully apply because the virus was DESIGNED, or at least modified, not to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Other simple theory worth considering is that the natural immunity theory doesn't fully apply because the virus was DESIGNED, or at least modified, not to.
        Tom, for you're perusal. The implications of your post have not been disproven but the likelihood that there was intent on the part of the Chicoms is at the margins.

Not telling you something you probably don't have a grasp of but Gain of Function (GOF) experiments are done in labs all over the world. The Wuhan lab is a coronavirus global study center - they do more GOF on coronaviruses than anywhere else.

The article below which I read this summer is pretty complete in describing the arguments both ways. My position is this: Did SARS - COV2 come from Wuhan lab personnel engineering the genome of SARS or altering it in some other way to make it more infectious or more deadly? We know GOF experimentation can do this so, it is not beyond the bounds of reason to say SARS - COV2 originated in the Wuhan lab as a result of GOF experimentation, infected a lab worker who then spread it. A massive fuck-up the Chicoms are not going to claim happened? Possibly. Intentional? I doubt it.

The evidence that SARS became SARS-COV2 via the bats that carried SARS that then mutated inside the bats themselves to become SARS-COV2 - the zoonotic mechanism - fits the typical pattern of how viruses mutate inside animals and then become infectious to humans who contact it and then become hosts themselves is a bit more likely, at least IMO, than the massive fuck-up theory.

We'll probably never know.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The zoonotic argument is a theory. Again, there is no evidence supporting that theory. None.

Comment

Tom, for you're perusal. The implications of your post have not been disproven but the likelihood that there was intent on the part of the Chicoms is at the margins.

Not telling you something you probably don't have a grasp of but Gain of Function (GOF) experiments are done in labs all over the world. The Wuhan lab is a coronavirus global study center - they do more GOF on coronaviruses than anywhere else.

The article below which I read this summer is pretty complete in describing the arguments both ways. My position is this: Did SARS - COV2 come from Wuhan lab personnel engineering the genome of SARS or altering it in some other way to make it more infectious or more deadly? We know GOF experimentation can do this so, it is not beyond the bounds of reason to say SARS - COV2 originated in the Wuhan lab as a result of GOF experimentation, infected a lab worker who then spread it. A massive fuck-up the Chicoms are not going to claim happened? Possibly. Intentional? I doubt it.

The evidence that SARS became SARS-COV2 via the bats that carried SARS that then mutated inside the bats themselves to become SARS-COV2 - the zoonotic mechanism - fits the typical pattern of how viruses mutate inside animals and then become infectious to humans who contact it and then become hosts themselves is a bit more likely, at least IMO, than the massive fuck-up theory.

We'll probably never know.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3
            Well, CLEARLY GoF needs to be stopped.

This time it's a 97% survival rate, next time?

These scientists were too preoccupied with "can we", they forgot to ask "should we"

Comment

• Fauci and his ilk should be behind bars.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                Fauci and his ilk should be behind bars.
                Says the man who eats his wings like this:

chicken-pieces-6676507.jpg
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Shove that God complex

Comment

• There's pedophiles at CNN!!!!? Huh.

aaaaaand back to my news blackout.

Comment

• One more 🤣🤣

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Jen PusAki gleefully announced today that The Chairman "saved Christmas".

I had no idea that Christmas was in jeopardy. When we made our plans for this weekend, nobody in my family said that we needed to wait and see if Joe said it was okay to have Christmas. We went about our plans without his input.

Maybe we should have consulted pMSNBC/ABC/CBS/CNN before making our plans. Its the patriotic thing to do.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          The zoonotic argument is a theory. Again, there is no evidence supporting that theory. None.
                          We may have different definitions of evidence ........

There is currently no evidence that SARS CoV 2 has a laboratory origin. There is no evidence that any early cases had any connection to the WIV, in contrast to the clear epidemiological links
                          to animal markets in Wuhan, nor evidence that the WIV possessed or worked on a progenitor of SARS CoV 2 prior to the pandemic. The suspicion that SARS CoV -2 might have a laboratory
                          origin stems from the coincidence that it was first detected in a city that houses a major virological laboratory that studies coronaviruses. Wuhan is the largest city in central China with multiple animal markets and is a major hub for travel and commerce, well connected to other areas both within China and internationally. The link to Wuhan therefore more likely reflects the fact that pathogens often require heavily populated areas to become established
                          We contend that there is substantial body of scientific evidence supporting a zoonotic origin for SARS CoV-2. While the possibility of a laboratory accident cannot be entirely dismissed, and
                          may be near impossible to falsify, this conduit for emergence is highly unlikely relative to the numerous and repeated human animal contacts that occur routinely in the wildlife trade. Failure
                          to comprehensively investigate the zoonotic origin through collaborative and carefully coordinated studies would leave the world vulnerable to future pandemics arising from the same human activities that have repeatedly put us on a collision course with novel viruses.

The bolded portions of this conclusion are important. Continuing to advocate for the lab leak theory and reject the zoonotic theory as a matter of political preference doesn't get us to where we need to be going forward. Also note the authors of this review of the literature are not Chinese.

The Origins of SARS-CoV-2: A Critical Review Holmes et al. Since the first reports of a novel SARS-like coronavirus in December 2019 in Wuhan, China, there has been intense interest in understanding how SARS-CoV-2 emerged in the human population. Recent debate has coalesced around two competing ideas: a “laboratory escape” scenario and zoonotic emergence. Here, we critically review the current scientific evidence that may help clarify the origin of SARS-CoV-2.  
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I’m not rejecting anything for political reasons you twat. The theory is that animal carrying Covid made it from the caves — without infecting another human even though surely transported by humans — and then, and only then, infected a human. Where it spread rapidly because it’s highly contagious—though not in transit, I guess.

So my definition of evidence is evidence. It’s facts. This isn’t a hard fucking concept. Conclusions are often inferences based on facts. The Zoonotic theory conclusion is based on zero facts. We have zero evidence of Covid in an animal. Anywhere from the caves to Wuhan. None. If you’d like to present actual evidence then knock yourself the fuck out, but don’t condescend to me like you’re some sort of origins expert. Present your evidence.

The facts I have are (1) that Covid was studied and researched in Wuhan; (2) gain of function research was done there; (3) there are 2 other such labs in the world; and (4) the outbreak started in Wuhan. Those are fucking facts. That’s fucking evidence. It’s just obviously not conclusive, but it certainly supports a credible inference whether you want to concede that or not. Finally, it’s not clear patient zero had any association with the market (if you believe the Chinese).

The zoonotic theory is based on general facts. It’s known to happen. Animals carry SARS. Etc. Ergo it’s a possibility. However, the only specific zoonotic fact is that there is a wet market there—like dozens of other Chinese cities. But if all the wet markets were in China, the one next door to a Covid lab is the one where the magic bat magically traveled. The article you linked acknowledges as much and meekly papers over the ginormous hole in their argument with “it’s hard to find the animal”.

Now, we’ll never know because it’s fucking China. I don’t dismiss the zoonotic theory because there just isn’t enough evidence either way.

Last edited by iam416; December 23, 2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

The suspicion that SARS CoV -2 might have a laboratory
                              origin stems from the coincidence that it was first detected in a city that houses a major virological laboratory that studies coronaviruses.
                              Studies?

is that like all they do?

Comment

• Correct. And it’s one of 3. What are the odds that a coronavirus outbreak would originate in 1 of 3 cities with coronavirus labs? That’s one wild ass coincidence. But, hey, if you don’t accept that wild ass coincidence you’re politically motivated.

Comment

Working...
                                X