No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolving coaltion. LOL. It's the Workers' Party now. Literally. The "Working Families Party", led by the "Squad" released their platform yesterday (DSL didn't cover that).

That was honestly a terrible response.
    Yeah, I mean it was awful. Again, it doesn't matter, but the concern many of us non-PDJT voters have is who is running the show for the Ds. And if you won't take court-packing off the table in an election that is absolutely in the fucking bag then my logical conclusion is you're for court-packing. And if that's the case, are you ever going to push back hard against the Workers' Party? I guess at the end of the day the name of the game is to get PDJT out and go from there. If Biden governs like he has some sort of massive mandate then the Ds are going to get beat back.

BTW, Harris' answer to court-packing in the debate was way worse. I mean, way worse. Biden's "refined" answer is relatively straight-forward. I ain't saying. Harris' utter nonsense about PDJT packing the courts was mendacious and, TBH, expected. She's really not that good. Every time I see her I get less worried about her being President.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If turnout is the same as in 2016 (it's almost certainly going to be higher) this is how much of each state that has ALREADY voted:

Virginia: 22.3%
      Wisconsin: 20.6%
      Michigan: 16.9%
      Florida: 14.3%
      Minnesota: 11.3%
      North Carolina: 9.3%

In certain places it's even higher. Believe I saw yesterday that in Dane County, WI (home of Madison and UW) about 30% of all registered voters had already voted.

Comment

• A new Gallup poll finds that 56% of Americans say they are better off now than in 2016. Depsite the pandemic and utter shitshow of 2020 -- FIFTY-SIX FUCKING Percent. 32% say they are worse off. That number is way higher than 2012 or 2004 or 1984. And, yet, amazingly, PDJT is going to not only manage to lose, by lose BIG.

The same poll was 49-46 in favor of PDJT in terms of "who do agree with more on the issues." Again, these numbers should spell a landslide. Not only won't THAT landslide happen, but the opposite landslide is going to happen.

Truly staggering. I guess I shouldn't say that. I would say that I'm better off than in 2016 and I would say that I agree with PDJT way more on the issue. But, I'm not voting for him and will likely find some way to throw up in my mouth and vote for a guy who won't tell me what his plans are for the Court.
        Last edited by iam416; October 9, 2020, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Media's lies, distortions and misinformation >>>> Trump's. This is what is staggering. Frightening actually that the electorate has devolved to this low point in American politics. Alternate realities on both sides.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            A new Gallup poll finds that 56% of Americans say they are better off now than in 2016. Depsite the pandemic and utter shitshow of 2020 -- FIFTY-SIX FUCKING Percent. 32% say they are worse off. That number is way higher than 2012 or 2004 or 1984. And, yet, amazingly, PDJT is going to not only manage to lose, by lose BIG.

The same poll was 49-46 in favor of PDJT in terms of "who do agree with more on the issues." Again, these numbers should spell a landslide. Not only won't THAT landslide happen, but the opposite landslide is going to happen.

Truly staggering. I guess I shouldn't say that. I would say that I'm better off than in 2016 and I would say that I agree with PDJT way more on the issue. But, I'm not voting for him and will likely find some way to throw up in my mouth and vote for a guy who won't tell me what his plans are for the Court.
            That 49-46 is especially amazing when you consider that the 46%-ers have a virtual monopoly on all public information and they get the first and last word on all issues. It speaks volumes to both the intellectual and moral bankruptcy of the Left's ideas that despite endlessly ramming their message down the throats of Americans from elementary school through corporate diversity training, they still can't win over half of the population. It also speaks volumes about the importance of courage on the Republican side to reach out directly to that 49% instead of gutlessly kotowing to that 46%

Comment

Evolving coaltion. LOL. It's the Workers' Party now. Literally. The "Working Families Party", led by the "Squad" released their platform yesterday (DSL didn't cover that).

Yeah, I mean it was awful. Again, it doesn't matter, but the concern many of us non-PDJT voters have is who is running the show for the Ds. And if you won't take court-packing off the table in an election that is absolutely in the fucking bag then my logical conclusion is you're for court-packing. And if that's the case, are you ever going to push back hard against the Workers' Party? I guess at the end of the day the name of the game is to get PDJT out and go from there. If Biden governs like he has some sort of massive mandate then the Ds are going to get beat back.

BTW, Harris' answer to court-packing in the debate was way worse. I mean, way worse. Biden's "refined" answer is relatively straight-forward. I ain't saying. Harris' utter nonsense about PDJT packing the courts was mendacious and, TBH, expected. She's really not that good. Every time I see her I get less worried about her being President.
              "Working Famlies" is a clever euphemism coined by the Democrats to describe families where nobody actually works.

Also -- please explain why you are voting for Kamala Harris and The Squad next month.

Comment

• “Are you better off?” Is only one question voters ask.

“Is the country on the right track?” is another.

Nearly every poll I see shows 65-75% saying “wrong track”. Sometimes even higher.

Comment

• I just can't believe that the Democrats have given the voters the weakest Democratic ticket in my lifetime, and that ticket is going to oust a sitting president, who presided over one of the greatest economic boom's in history. I used to think that Clinton's win over Bush Sr. was a big upset, and quite undeserved (thanks Ross Perot) because of how well Bush Sr. took care of Desert Storm. This situation is absolutely stunning.

Trump is going about absolutely begging to lose the election, and its going to happen. Its almost as though he wants to lose.

Biden/Harris and the Democrats have nothing to run on. Yet, the win they are going to receive is going to make America a one-party country. They'll keep the House, they'll grab the Senate, they'll have Harris as President soon, and they'll have an overwhelming majority on a newly-packed Supreme Court "constitutionally" backing everything they do.

I've never seen anything like it.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• “Are you better off?” Is only one question voters ask.

Nearly every poll I see shows 65-75% saying “wrong track”. Sometimes even higher.
                    Yeah, but what's that say? I'm doing well, but my guess is other people are doing badly. Except they aren't. That, IMO, proves the power of the relentless barrage of "THIS IS TERRIBLE!" and "AWFUL, RACIST COUNTRY!" and whatever else. Yeah, I'm doing better but it sure seems like things are off the rails.

Or maybe the wrong track is just that PDJT is President. Regardless. 56-32 better/wrose. 49-46 (PDJT ideas vs Biden ideas). And he's going to lose in a landslide. It's really amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      “Are you better off?” Is only one question voters ask.

Gee I wonder why folks would think we are on the "wrong track"...constant bombardment by the left wing radicals and MSM perhaps???
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• As Daddy Wizard used to tell me when I was a young wizzie...this country is going to hell in a handbasket wizzie...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          I just can't believe that the Democrats have given the voters the weakest Democratic ticket in my lifetime, and that ticket is going to oust a sitting president, who presided over one of the greatest economic boom's in history. I used to think that Clinton's win over Bush Sr. was a big upset, and quite undeserved (thanks Ross Perot) because of how well Bush Sr. took care of Desert Storm. This situation is absolutely stunning.

Trump is going about absolutely begging to lose the election, and its going to happen. Its almost as though he wants to lose.

Biden/Harris and the Democrats have nothing to run on. Yet, the win they are going to receive is going to make America a one-party country. They'll keep the House, they'll grab the Senate, they'll have Harris as President soon, and they'll have an overwhelming majority on a newly-packed Supreme Court "constitutionally" backing everything they do.

I've never seen anything like it.
                          I think Trump is legit trying to win this time. He's just awful and no one believes it's all a 'campaign persona" this time around. Now there's always been a theory about 2016, and I think it's quite plausible, that he never really wanted or expected to win. He ran for President because the Apprentice money was drying up, he spent too much in the 2000's and 2010's buying moneypit golf courses, and he needed something new to help 'juice' his brand. Ego issues aside, after he lost he could've set up an OANN type network to compete with Fox, ranting and raving for the rest of his days about how Hillary had stolen the election from him.

It's conventional wisdom that the President gets credit for the economy, both good and bad. The economy ain't great RIGHT NOW, particularly down at the lower income levels. But besides that, Trump is a pretty unique President. When it becomes obvious that he's practically clueless about specifics and has no interest in learning particulars of policy, he just wants to be the center of attention at the ribbon-cutting, how much credit for a good economy does he deserve personally?

So long as the Dems could nominate someone that wasn't threatening to dramatically change the country, they were always going to give Trump a tough race.

Comment

Yeah, but what's that say? I'm doing well, but my guess is other people are doing badly. Except they aren't. That, IMO, proves the power of the relentless barrage of "THIS IS TERRIBLE!" and "AWFUL, RACIST COUNTRY!" and whatever else. Yeah, I'm doing better but it sure seems like things are off the rails.

Or maybe the wrong track is just that PDJT is President. Regardless. 56-32 better/wrose. 49-46 (PDJT ideas vs Biden ideas). And he's going to lose in a landslide. It's really amazing.
                            We'll see how individual Senators do in relation to Trump. Hannibal pointed out that Ted Cruz struggled in 2018 showing Hispanic voters are irredeemable and that Texas is turning irreversibly blue because of them. Well, Jon Cornyn is running for reelection this year and it seems like he won't be in much trouble at all and is running way ahead of Trump in the polling. It seems like the Republicans in Georgia don't really have a ton to worry about either compared with Trump.

If you had asked people Is the country on the wrong track at the end of 2019 I'm sure more would've said yes than no. It doesn't necessarily mean that those people feel they owe Trump personally a debt of gratitude. Like I said, when you make a stupid spectacle of yourself on a daily basis, maybe people just don't attribute the country's success to HIM.

Comment

• There is lots of room to discuss the "why". The "what", though, is remarkable. If the Gallup poll is accurate -- or, F, even remotely accurate -- those poll numbers vs the 2020 election outcome = amazing.

That was my only point.

Comment

• And one final thought, even in the hyper-partisan world in which we live, there are still a lot of people who vote on personality versus "I'm sticking with my party's guy no matter how much of an asshole or crook he is". A lot of those voters turn out to be seniors. And poll after poll shows seniors breaking for Biden, by significant margins in some states.

Comment

Working...
                                X