Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    I think everybody had it right except the replay guy.

Its just more ammunition to my argument that replay is being used to over officiate, or micro-officiate, instead of fixing obvious mistakes.

When replay was first conceived, it was supposed to do just that. Fix mistakes. It was not intended to be a tool for micro-officiating, to split hairs or otherwise cause even more controversy. Fix the fricking mistakes. Period.

Until we get more common sense from the NCAA and those who run the officiating mafia, its unfortunately not going to change.
    This is spot on. The ref that made the original call was in perfect position and made a no-shit, decisive call. He knew it was a catch and a fumble. Overturning that was a crime.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The targeting wasn't a "non-targetting". That is how it has been called all year. There doesn't have to be a flag to review, although they review all plays that are flagged as targeting. If a questionable play happens they buzz down and take a look. If they determine that it was targeting they toss the kid and walk off the yards. If not, they play on.

It seems that there were more plays that were flagged as targeting getting overturned this year than in the past. Maybe not, but that was my perception this year.

Regardless, I hate the rule. I am not sure what they can do to make it more palatable and still have enough teeth to make it the deterrent that it should be, but I hate the DQ, especially the DQ for the first half of the next game.

That call changed the entire game. If that was not called. OSU would have won going away.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Comment

• No doubt.

Comment

• I got the semantics. Wade plays, osu wins.

Look, I've been on the sass side of my take and it's not entirely rational. You can't blame me. 50 years of disdain for osu football is baked in to my soul. I'm enjoying the loss. As has been my one take on talent, for ever, is that he will call stupid shit out. So, yeah, in my emotionally exuberant post osu loss state, I got called out for posting stupid shit.

In my defense: Yes, I'm into semantics and what does "better" actually mean when it's applied to comparing osu and Clemson. To me, "better" means winning the game under whatever circumstances are present. However, I'll also concede osu had the game plan to win, generally executed it well enough and got jobbed. It's not the first time a CFB, MLB or NFL team has gotten jobbed so, it happens, and as talent points out, "such is life."

Perhaps, the best observations to come out of this game are along those of Linesman's. CFB replay is used inappropriately to micromanage the CFB game when it's used. It's wrong and the NCAA/Conferences need to fix it. But ......

Fuck osu.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 31, 2019, 09:17 AM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• generally executed it well enough and got jobbed.
                It's not even that they got jobbed. Leave that aside. It's that Clemson, in order to win, needed a bunch of things to happen that were completely beyond their control. They did nothing to force the targeting other than get absolutely destroyed on the play. They did nothing to force the roughing the punter call. They did nothing to force Dobbins dropping a screen pass that was a fucking TD. They did nothing to force a slightly errant throw to Dobbins and subsequent bobble that cost OSU a TD. If they played again there is no earthly way that Clemson could "rely" on those things happening. What we could look at is that Ohio State ran the ball pretty well (until Dobbins was reduced to a walking cortisone shot; and Fields was already way less than 100%), Ohio State threw the ball well, Ohio State's secondary matched up well with Clemson's elite WRs and Ohio State's run defense eliminated Eitenne and didn't give Lawrence much but for the long run.

The MOST points Clemson could have scored in that game was 32 (they missed a FG). They more or less capitalized on every single fucking chance to score. Godspeed to them.

The MOST points Ohio State could have realistically scored was somewhere around 42-45. They only scored 23 and at least 8 of those were entirely self-inflicted and another 7 taken away from a very bad call.

I have conceded that Clemson was better on the night. That's what the final score says. I think if they played again that Ohio State would win, and I think OSU would be favored. That's because I think OSU is better on average.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Comment

• It's my understanding that Harbaugh has now lost 4 straight bowl games.

It's like the Bo years are back!!

Comment

• I'd take Bo back in the HC office right now. A great coach, and an even finer man. Great integrity, and probably the best Michigan has ever had in preparing a team for tough games. He was also one of the best 2nd half coaches I've ever seen. He had a stubbornness regarding the running game that I found frustrating at times, but in spite of his faults, he was a great coach, and the Michigan family deeply misses him.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Browns express "strong interest" in Urban Meyer.

That's nice. I have a "strong interest" in dating Taylor Swift.

According to Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports, the Cleveland Browns have a 'strong interest' in hiring Urban Meyer to fill their head coaching vacancy.

Comment

• She would hurt you.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Updated all-time CFB winning percentage (records per "official" NCAA records):

1. Ohio State: 0.72947 -- 924-326-53 (1303)
                            2. Michigan: 0.72917 -- 962-346-36 (1344)
                            3. Notre Dame: 0.72749 -- 908-327-42 (1277)
                            4. Alabama: 0.72674 -- 916-331-43 (1290)

It's only a matter of time before Alabama gets up to #2.

Comment

• The top 10 in all-time winning percentage at the conclusion of the John Cooper Era:
                              1 Notre Dame 0.75260 776 241 42 1059
                              2 Michigan 0.74615 805 262 36 1103
                              3 Alabama 0.71828 737 276 43 1056
                              4 Nebraska 0.70788 753 299 40 1092
                              5 Ohio State 0.70563 725 287 53 1065
                              6 Oklahoma 0.70523 702 278 53 1033
                              7 Texas 0.70482 744 302 33 1079
                              8 Tennessee 0.69687 708 293 53 1054
                              9 Penn State 0.69533 739 312 42 1093
                              10 Southern Cal 0.69118 678 288 54 1020

Comment

• Tennessee at #8...ha. Where are they now? I assume Georgia may have taken their spot?

Comment

Working...
                                X