Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its really fun watching you try to bring Nick and The Tide down to Michigan's level.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oh, kidding aside, we’d beat M on a neutral. But the Wolverines are solid. I think right around #10 or so.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The thing with OSU is the massive talent advantage they have over every other BT team with maybe two others outside the Big, Alabama and Georgia, with equally talented rosters. Day may be taking a while to get it all together but it seems he's pretty good at that.

Talent's right, Rugters is not a good measuring stick for OSU's progress. This game also not a good comparison to judge how far M and OSU have come. I think a good case was made last week that McDonald was practicing C3 v. Rutgers burning a lot downs to Rutgers in the process. M's D was night and day between Rutgers and Wisconsin. That didn't just happen.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• WIsconsin's offense is worse than Rutgers, especially without their least bad QB starting. Seriously -- look at Wisky' games. They are baaaaaaaaad on offense. That's why M was an easy pick.

But, basically I agree with your point that it's M (and Sparty and Penn State) in the East and Ohio State/Indiana/Maryland playing for 4th. I also agree that CRD seems to have OSU rounding into form enough to really push for 4th.

But, there's zero fucking way OSU is winning in AA. None. M shrewdly quit last year to avoid a humiliating trip to Columbus and will now claim their spoils.

OSU -- if everything goes there way -- may upset Sparty or Penn State at home.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• But, there's zero fucking way OSU is winning in AA. None. M shrewdly quit last year to avoid a humiliating trip to Columbus and will now claim their spoils.
            If M played OSU, this coming Saturday, in AA, on an energetic high and with all the starters on the roster on Monday of this week healthy, I'd agree with you.

It's a long way until the last Saturday in November. Besides, it's a fact that with the exception of Rudock, QBs under Harbaugh have regressed as the season progresses some due to injury but most, many believe, due to his influence on them.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well, maybe you think Ohio State goes from 0% to 2% chance to win over the next 6 weeks. That's still functionally the same. And accurate.

It took HARBAUGH!!!! 7 years, but he's finally built a juggernaut. Congratulations.

Comment

• Not sure what to think of Sparty yet, they've two road games vs Rutgers and Indiana, both will tell us alot more about Sparty as the best team they've beat/played so far is Nebraska (whose defense is looking legit, since Illinois)...

Not sold on M's defense either, again, there just hasn't been any offenses they've played that were both a threat on the ground and through the air.

Comment

• I agree that UNL is pretty solid. I'm still hugely puzzled by the Illinois game. Not that they necessarily lost -- shit happens sometimes -- but, honestly, Illinois looked to be the better team on that night.

Sparty is coming around. They play good enough defense and their offense actually has some guys who can play. Reed and Nailor are a really nice WR pair -- really nice -- and Kenneth Walker THE THIRD gives them their go-to back. Thorne is multidimensional and does enough. So, I think they're pretty solid.

Granted, they won't beat M, but I do think Sparty is a solid squad.

M hasn't really faced a team that's going to test them downfield in any way, yet. But, they're not hanging their corners on an island any more so I don't it'll be a problem. Hard for me to see M losing barring some sort of catastrophic bad luck.

Also, man, M never turns the ball over. Like NEVER. You're just not going to beat HARBAUGH!!!! if M has 0 turnovers for the season. Not going to happen.

Comment

• Alan Bowman (sub QB for M) threw Michigan's first INT yesterday in garbage time.

Comment

• I’ll be shocked if OSU loses another game before the inevitable loss to Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        I’ll be shocked if OSU loses another game before the inevitable loss to Alabama.
                        Yeah, I agree. PSU might give them a fight for a half or so, but when it comes down to talent vs talent, OSU wins the matchup. And, I think CRD is a better overall coach than Franklin.

OSU may have the BTE wrapped up before they come to AA. The only thing they'll be playing for is more gold panties.

Comment

• Ohio State does so many things not good. It’s especially disheartening when so starkly contrasted with Iowa and their domination of The Turtle. I will say they’ve taken a few baby steps in right direction, but baby steps aren’t gonna cut when you have miles to go.

Comment

• Jesus H Sandbaggery
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fortunately Maryland was missing their top 5 CBs….literally…otherwise it’s down to the wire.

Comment

• Just stop it.

Anyone with any football knowledge at all can see what is happening here.

Its more of the same, 2021 style.

OSU doesn't have to be concerned about a potential loss until Round 1 of the playoffs. Nobody in the Big Ten is stopping that offense.

No. Body.

Comment

Working...
                                X