Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Justin Fields at QB! Unfortunately, the utter shitshow defense and mediocre OL made the beatdown against UAT inevitable and, even worse, created the loss to HARBAUGH!!!!

It's been a 16-month long shame spiral of despair with no real end in sight. All I have is the thrill of watching Stroud, JSN and the rest of OSU's skill players try to somehow win a basketball on field turf game.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think I told you when JaMo transferred that, he was really, really good, but they liked Wilson and Olave better so he'd be stuck in the slot. I actually still like Wilson and Olave slightly better, but JaMo was even better than I thought. Crazy.

The thing is, they played Smith-Njigba in the slot instead of JaMo and probably didn't lose that much. He may be the best of the bunch. And, regardless, WR certainly wasn't the issue with last year's catastrophic failure of a team.

Comment

• I honestly think JaMo would’ve gone a bit higher than 12th but absolutely shredding his ACL in the championship game has hurt him a bit. It was a very bad tear and the fear is his 4.29 speed will be closer to 4.4. As you know, bad ACL tears for speedsters can be tricky. But 12th in the first round is guaranteed money.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No doubt. He'd have been the first WR taken. Fully acknowledged. I still like Wilson and Olave a little better. But, that's down to preference. Wilson, IMO, is definitely better. He doesn't have that 6th gear, but he's freakishly good at being a WR. Olave is the most polished WR I have ever seen at OSU and he's plenty fast, too. He reminds of Devonta Smith in that regard. Speed-wise, I think both are 4.4 or maybe even slightly sub? -- JaMo would have pushed 4.3.

JaMo is blazing (or was) blazing fast but I thought his WR "skills" were just "good" -- heh. But, there's no doubt the NFL is way more enamored with sheer jaw-dropping speed and, sans ACL, JaMO had that.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree with all of that.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              And Justin Fields at QB! Unfortunately, the utter shitshow defense and mediocre OL made the beatdown against UAT inevitable and, even worse, created the loss to HARBAUGH!!!!

It's been a 16-month long shame spiral of despair with no real end in sight. All I have is the thrill of watching Stroud, JSN and the rest of OSU's skill players try to somehow win a basketball on field turf game.
              Excellent post. You bring up some very valid points. I might also add that CRD is a poor man's Joe Tiller with slightly better talent.

Comment

• If by "poor man" you mean "homeless man defacating in the streets" then I concur. But, TBH, Joe Tiller deserves way better than that.

Comment

• ...sandbagging never takes time off...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The son of former Husker OL and, well, Lions OL, Dominic Raiola has committed to Ohio State. Dylan Raiola is the #1 QB in 2024. My guess is that his dad advised him to avoid, at all costs, playing 20 years for total shit organizations. And since Raiola is a QB and not a defensive player, Ohio State should fit that bill.

Unfortunately for Raiola, the NFL no longer has any use for HARBAUGH!!!!! so he's looking at playing for 2nd in the East for the bulk of his career (possibly 3rd if Franklin falls assbackwards into a decent team), But, at least Ohio State will be able to score!

Comment

• Raiola will have trouble cracking the lineup with the 15 other 5 star QB's on OSU's roster. He'll be lucky to get a uniform.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You’d think a guy like Raiola would produce progeny that would feel more at home with a hand in the dirt-type position. QB is a bit surprising.

Comment

• Be that as it may, scoring 80 is the only way Ohio State is gonna win any games. Ohio State is a "soft" team headed up by a Coach how was "born on third base and thinks he hit a triple." Bad times. Very, very bad times.

Comment

• Early poll results show...AA and Talent are fucking complete asshammers...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don’t want to hear it. The undersized boys in Tuscaloosa are in for dark, dark days. We were exposed by Georgia in the championship game just a few months ago and then lost JaMo, Metchie, BRob and Evan Neal - as well as about a dozen to the Portal. We may be Nebraska bad this year.

Comment

• UAT will easily be the worst preseason #1 in the history of polling. If The Nick can somehow even win the SEC West with his game but egregiously undertalented group, then he moves ahead of Wooden in my book. It'll take a miracle.

Comment

Working...
                                X