Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The people knew both games would be assjackings. The title game will draw.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The 2015, 2016, and 2021 Semi-Finals are the only ones that have been held on New Year's Eve. I think the first two had at least a modicum of suspense as to who might win. Nothing short of an Arkham Asylum madman expected Michigan or Cincinnati to win.

Comment

• New Year’s Eve + blowouts
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I find it very odd that the semifinals are nearly all blowouts. 16 games so far have a 21 point margin of victory on average. 131 teams in FBS. After 13 games you take the best 4 and two of them STILL can’t compete.

Comment

• Should have stayed with 2 teams. The only entertaining semi I recall was the OU-UGA Rose Bowl.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ohio State-UAT was good, too. 2019 Ohio State-Clemson was entertaining but miserable. 2020 OSU-Clemson wasn’t as close but delightful.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The only two semis I recall being exciting were the OU-UGA Rose Bowl and Clemson’s thrilling come from behind win over OSU. The other 14 sucked ass.

Comment

• CRD has already brought in a new DC in Jim Knowles from Okie State. Apparently he won some "DC of the Year" award this year. Whatever. You ain't in Stillwater anymore.

They've also jettisoned Studrawa as OL coach. The guy is a decent OL coach, but he can't recruit for shit. He'll be replaced by Justin Frye (almost certainly) from UCLA. I'm excited about that move.

It remains to be seen who else gets the ax -- I wouldn't be surprised if Al Washington ended up elsewhere.

It was definitely a disaster season and born on third base CRD is probably not the man for the job. BUT, I do appreciate that he understands that this shit cannot stand and is actively seeking to remedy some of their biggest issues. They're still not a tough team that will get asshammered on November 26. But, hopefully they can at least beat Notre Dame and maybe split with Sparty and Penn State.

Comment

• Michigan really shook him up

Comment

• The real issue - aside from the minor issues of coaching staff you bring up - what's crd doing with NIL organization and infrastructure at osu?
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• IMO, big big NIL will run through boosters. There are university infrastructure pieces that will be nice to have, but in terms of competing against Texas schools, you have to be all-in with boosters.

Comment

• EFZ
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• CRD continues to try to rectify the 2021 disaster. Coombs and Al Washington are both out. You just can't have a season like that and sit on your hands.

Meanwhile, Ohio State's 2022 schedule includes 3 top 10 teams, 4 top 15 teams and 5 top 25 teams (per ESPN "way too early top 25)...and that doesn't include the Halloween trip to HV for the inevitable "white out" night game. Either the defense gets waaaaayyy better or CRD is staring 8-4 straight in the fucking facehole. JFC.

Comment

• So, Kevin Wilson, Tony Alford, Brian Hartline and Larry Johnson hang on to their jobs. Everyone else is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X