Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The charges against Storm Klein apparently aren't particularly strong. Setting aside the fact that the witness, his baby's momma!, recanted, the story seems to be this: he fathered a child with someone he doesn't particularly get along with at the moment; he has a restraining order against her; she came over late one night and he apparently removed her from the house, which he's allowed to do under Ohio law if he only uses "reasonable" force; she filed charges. And so on.

It's all way too white trash for me, so I say keep him off the team on principle. But it actually is starting to look like the charges will be dropped. Meh. Whatever. The Curtis Grant Era has begun. Step aside, Storm.
    Last edited by iam416; August 9, 2012, 09:21 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Unfortunately for Team Husker, Bauserman won't be chucking errant passes around the Horseshoe when Nebraska visits in October.
      Yes I understand that Saint Urban is the new sheriff in town...and he's not that dumb I guess...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Why does Hoss hate Pelini? Seems like a stand-up Youngstownian. A leader. The man to erase the pain of the Callahan Era, aka the WCF, and restore the greatness of the Solich Era.

Comment

• I have never wanted to kill another person as bad as I want to kill you.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Old Coach Solich isn't doing so bad at the University of ohio. Shoot, give them another decade or so, and they will be allowed to show that they actually exist in ohio.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Man faces weapons charges in Batman theater incident

By Chris Boyette, CNN
              updated 9:04 PM EDT, Thu August 9, 2012

Scott A. Smith faces weapons charges after authorities say he went to an Ohio movie theater showing the latest Batman movie armed.

(CNN) -- A man faces weapons charges after authorities say he went to an Ohio movie theater showing the latest Batman movie armed with a gun, ammunition and knives.
              Scott A. Smith, 37, is due in court Friday on two counts of carrying a concealed weapon and 19 counts related to carrying weapons "under disability," charges that refer to the effects of prescription drugs Smith was taking, said Nicole DiSanto of the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office.
              Police say Saturday night Smith went to the Regal Theater in Westlake, Ohio, to see the 10:30 p.m. showing of "The Dark Knight Rises."
              CNN poll: Gun control attitudes haven't changed after shootings
              Williams: 'I'm a gun owner'
              Experts debate the issue of gun control
              According to DiSanto, Smith was the first to arrive, 30 minutes before the movie's start, and took a seat in the back row, directly in the middle, with his back to a wall. A manager at the theater and an off-duty police officer grew suspicious of where he sat, and they noticed the bag Smith was carrying.
              They asked to search the bag, DiSanto said, and inside found a loaded 9 mm semiautomatic handgun, two loaded magazine clips and three knives. Police said Smith was carrying another knife on his person.
              Smith told the off-duty officer he was carrying the gun and knives for protection, to protect himself and other moviegoers, said police, who took him into custody. A search of Smith's home turned up more weapons, including rifles, shotguns and survivalist gear.
              Analysis: Fewer U.S. gun owners own more guns
              Westlake police Lt. Ray Arcuri said police believe Smith's position in the movie theater was "tactical:" not only was he protected from the back, but he could have fired to his right, left and center on anyone in the theater in front of him. About 80 people attended the movie that night.
              In 1995, Smith enlisted in the U.S. Army but did not finish basic training, according to Army spokesman George Wright.
              Phone calls to Smith's lawyer for comment were not returned to CNN.
              The charges against Smith follow the mass shooting last month in Aurora, Colorado, where a gunman fired on a crowd of moviegoers watching a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises." The attack killed 12 people.
              CNN's Julian Cummings, Deb Feyerick and Karan Olson contributed to this report.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Westlake police Lt. Ray Arcuri said police believe Smith's position in the movie theater was "tactical:" not only was he protected from the back, but he could have fired to his right, left and center on anyone in the theater in front of him.

Thats the ravings of a paranoid society. My kids rush to be first in a theater just so they CAN get the coveted back-row-center-seats. The best seats in the movie house.

Suspicious because someone took the best seat? "Tactical" because some agent of social control names it so? Paranoid cops accosting a paranoid survivalist. The problems of our society are only aggravated by paranoia.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I know what you're saying Jon but a guy carrying a bag (duffel?) might tweak my suspicion. Would it be out of line to ask what was in the bag? If it's clean then no harm no foul?
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yeah, a duffel bag is a flag. But why not at the door where its obvious? Let him in, get his pop and popcorn and be seated first? They're as bad at the Trillium near me about fannypacks and purses as they are at UM stadium. Its those dreaded candy bars that weren't purchased for $137 each at the concession stands. But in Westlake its okay to drag a duffelbag clinking of metal in?
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So, I'm watching ESPN's All-Access Ohio State (apparently, their love of UFM trumps anti-B10 motivations), and I was stunned. It appears someone is actually coaching OSU's QBs. I look for at least 20 points a game this year!

And another thing that no one cares about, but UFM, since his days at BG, has always made freshman earn the right to be part of the team. So, at OSU, they all start with a black stripe on their helmet. And when they reach a certain point or whatever, it gets removed -- I guess at the end of a practice or something. Devin Bogard, of all people, was the first to have his stripe removed. Then, more predictably, Spence, Schutt and Taylor Decker.

Comment

• Nice that UFM makes them earn their wings. Seems to have worked for RichRod...
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• WE WANT BAUSERMAN!
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Seriously, how does a top 5 dominant program of the past 10 years end up starting Joe Bausermann for even one game? I mean, sure, you lose your starting QB, so what? How in god's name is a QB that bad even on your roster? Honestly, if he were on my flag football team, I'd wonder how the F we couldn't do better.

Just F'n Disgraceful. Fortunately, that debacle is in the past. A bad year every 20 or so years is good for perspective. Though, TBH, F perspective. Bauserman and 6-6 regular seasons can eat a giant bowl of dick.

Comment

• My, my ..... seem to be encouraged for the future of osu football under ufm.

I can't wait for the gigantic collapse, the hiss of bloated excitement escaping from the gassbaggery that is the osu nation. .
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fortunately, you'll have to wait. Awhile. A long while.

Comment

Working...
                                X