No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the prosecutor who took down Kwame.

Comment

• As Trump declares the steel industry "totally revived" and that there are new plants opening all over the country, here's the actual facts:

About 200 new jobs have been created since the tariffs took effect a year ago. Steel company stocks have lost 40-60% of their value. US companies are making nice profits, yes, but they aren't using the profits to hire thousands or invest in new technology. it's being put toward increasing capacity and produce as much steel as possible while the tariffs are up. No one expects the 'good times' to last.

Comment

• From an NBC poll (polling done January 20-23):

PDJT (Fav/Unfav): 43-54
        Pelosi: 28-47
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          From an NBC poll (polling done January 20-23):

PDJT (Fav/Unfav): 43-54
          Pelosi: 28-47
          Yeah, people having a more extreme opinion of Trump (one way or the other) seems about right

Comment

• One year after the tax cuts and it looks like they had significant impact on capex plans for manufacturers, but few other sectors (84% of businesses overall said they had made no changes to hiring or investment in response to the tax cuts).

Comment

• Its not surprising that Pelosi is that low. One thing the GOP is going to be reminded of is that NP is ruthless. Utterly cold blooded without remorse brutal. To any foe, in or out of the party. If Trump does not listen to the GOP leadership within house of Reps, he'll be bringing a salad shooter to a gun fight with Pelosi.

I doubt Trump's high favorable rating. I find it unbelievable that this nation is populated by that many zombies.

Here's a gun rights bill up before Congress. Mandates background checks on almost all gun transfers. It will fail in its objective as the legislation will have no effect on the black market. Even putting the 2nd Adm issue aside, I'm not so sure I want an expansion of govt intervention into individual's private lives. Hello gov't: stay out of my life.

A new bill that aims to require background checks for nearly all firearm purchases has bipartisan support within Michigan's congressional delegation
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.†- Groucho Marx

Comment

• PDJT polls at roughly 40-43. He dipped during the shutdown, but he should bounce back up to the 41-42 average range helped, in part, by the leftist media's outstanding efforts to destroy high school kids. That's just where he is and will be.

Pelosi is still hated as much as PDJT. Well, their respective fav/unfav gap is about the same. As DSL said, everyone's mind is made up on PDJT so, the undecideds are like 2%. Pelosi has less name recognition, but she still polls at roughly -15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Yeah, people having a more extreme opinion of Trump (one way or the other) seems about right
                  Strange: Could you explain to me how a 43-54 split in Trump's case is more "extreme" than the 28-47 split on Pelosi? Has all the fake news harmed your grasp of arithmetic?

Comment

• u25clf9j36d21.jpg?width=680&auto=webp&s=6ca5197f97cf962705f3505a24a81175471eebc2.jpg

HAHAAAA, IT'S REAL!

Comment

• Only 3% have not staked out a position in view of Trump versus 25% not staked out for Pelosi. If nothing else, it shows positions on Trump are a lot more hardened/extreme.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.†- Groucho Marx

Comment

• correct

Comment

• That's the danger point for Trump in the 2020 election. If the Democratic challenger gets out to a lead in the general election it will be hard for him to thread the needle again with late deciders because there won't be enough late deciders.

Going into the 2016 election there were a lot of undecideds(13 percent) and they appeared to break for Trump where he needed them to. It took him from that 42-43 percent baseline and moved it up to the 46 percent he got. It was a much more volatile election that the election of 2012 where Romney was pretty close but it had a much lower percentage of undecideds(4 percent). Obama's lead was pretty secure even if Romney and Ryan thought they were giving victory speeches that night. Attached is the article by Nate Silver illustrating this point.

As far as Pelosi, she's secure being Speaker. I doubt she is running for president.
                          This is the third article in a series that reviews news coverage of the 2016 general election, explores how Donald Trump won and why his chances were underrated…

Comment

• ci930f9416d21.jpg?width=671&auto=webp&s=6609bc0fd1d8411b548e8090896177ebef839402.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Strange: Could you explain to me how a 43-54 split in Trump's case is more "extreme" than the 28-47 split on Pelosi? Has all the fake news harmed your grasp of arithmetic?
                              Geezer- I trust Talent and Jon's responses have already addressed this to your satisfaction

Comment

• Heh. Ol' Kamala.

Comment

Working...
                                X