No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember it being Emersons, Lakes & Palmers.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
      I remember it being Emersons, Lakes & Palmers.
      Pretty sure you’re right

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
        I remember it being Emersons, Lakes & Palmers.
        Mandela Effect
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• For crash only.

Kari Lake, the Washington Generals of politics, has lost again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Mandela Effect
            Beren-STAIN Bears

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              And liney please punch yourself in the nuts for that “Get Closer” song. Lord almighty. Post some Orleans next if you wanna put Wiz “in the mood” though.
              DSL...

"...dance with me...I want to be your partner can't you see..."
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• CGVT -- see what you started here?

good grief ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Don't run away from your feelings liney...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'll admit I like Seals and Crofts more than Leo Sayer.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I’m more of a Ledd Zeplin guy. The Alman Bros, and Leonard Skynard are right behind.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        I’m more of a Ledd Zeplin guy. The Alman Bros, and Leonard Skynard are right behind.
                        Not a Skynard fan, maybe because it was so overplayed, but I'm right there with Zep and the Allmans.

I picked up a couple of 70s era Pioneer receivers at a garage sale a few years ago for 10 bucks each. My oldest son has the biggest one, an SX 950 and my 40 year old Technics turntable. It sounds amazing. I gave the SX 550 to my daughter, but she doesn't have enough room in her NYC apartment for it so we are using it. I spent a few bucks on some decent speakers and turntable and take the vinyl for a spin every now and then. I know the audiophiles say that the new state of the art receivers sound better, but man, I sure like the sound of these old analog receivers. Even though the 550 is only about 20 watts per channel, it sounds so warm and real. It may just be nostalgia, but it seems to sound better than my newer, albeit low-end, Denon that is connected to the same speakers.

I know a lot of us old timers lament the state of modern music, but there is a lot of really good singer songwriter/Americana stuff out there right now. The Devil Makes Three, Railroad Earth, Jason Isbell, The Wood Brothers, James McMurtry, Josh Ritter, Gregory Alan Isakov are a few that come to mind. Check some of these guys out if you haven't heard them.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I used to love Free Bird but then the Kingsman happened and that scene got parodied or referenced what seems like a million times. Absolutely burned me out on the song.

Comment

• Gregory Alan Isakov Big Black Car and my daughter's cover of it.

Comment

• Liney...we may never pass this way again...

CGVT...STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Liney - Wizzie just picked up a new vinyl. Why not hop over to his pad, crack open a bottle of Paul Masson's finest, and see where the evening takes you?

orleans.jpg?.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X