No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, the Ds are pretty much maxed out right now. They're winning everywhere and by margins that are almost impossible to improve. So, that's great news for the Ds (and why you wouldn't expect Biden to bounce up higher). So, you could see a "ding" and they'd still be plenty fine. That's why I still find it remarkably unlikely that PDJT gets re-elected. But, if goes beyond a ding then I dunno.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Why? What happened?
      Powell says they are changing their approach to inflation and are going to be less concerned about keeping it under 2% going forward. Meaning they are probably going to keep rates at zero or at least very low for a longer time than previously expected.

Good news for stocks overall though

Comment

• I'm waiting for the right time to sell off all my stocks and invest in gold and silver. Right before the collapse, ideally.

Comment

• Airlines/ cruises stocks are doing well. Hmm, must be positive COVID news.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Also, the Ds are pretty much maxed out right now. They're winning everywhere and by margins that are almost impossible to improve. So, that's great news for the Ds (and why you wouldn't expect Biden to bounce up higher). So, you could see a "ding" and they'd still be plenty fine. That's why I still find it remarkably unlikely that PDJT gets re-elected. But, if goes beyond a ding then I dunno.
          Think we'll have a better idea after the debate(s). I mean, Bloomberg tanked his entire campaign after one night.
          Right now, I'd give Biden a 60-40 edge. It's trending more in favor of Trump recently. FiveThirtyEight is at 70-30 Biden.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I wonder if this go around with rioters will start to ding the Ds a bit. I mean, we all see what the Media and the Ds are doing with this and their nonsensical "peaceful" protestors. There's a willful refusal to condemn these people. At best you get a mealy-mouth half-assed, "I don't support riots" or some such thing without ever actually pointing to people and saying THAT is bullshit. They refuse to call it out. Ever. BUT, they will attack police at the fucking drop of a hat. And in so doing they are providing a window to their soul. I don't think it'll be enough to help PDJT avoid his own catastrophic campaigning, but it's a lifeline.

Joe Biden could actually probably lockdown the win if he was able to make a strong, moderate speech explicitly condemning shit on the left that most of us of reluctant Biden voters find abhorrent. Instead you get the fucktwat version of "if I offended you, then I'm sorry..." sort of thing..."if they're rioters, then I condem them, but I'll never say they're rioters..."
          It's the thing I find most unacceptable and frustrating about the left/ media as someone that is more independent.
          Unwillingness to condemn rioting.

Not looking forward to casting a vote because both sides have so many flaws.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Good luck with that. And your late to the party on investing in lead. Ammo is damn scarce.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Also, the Ds are pretty much maxed out right now. They're winning everywhere and by margins that are almost impossible to improve. So, that's great news for the Ds (and why you wouldn't expect Biden to bounce up higher). So, you could see a "ding" and they'd still be plenty fine. That's why I still find it remarkably unlikely that PDJT gets re-elected. But, if goes beyond a ding then I dunno.
              I think it already has dinged the Dems somewhat and support for BLM is now about 50-50 when right after George Floyd's death it had almost 2/3 approval. Which is why Biden, Evers, and Tammy Baldwin all put out statements condemning riot violence and such.

The flip side that I've heard argued (Nate Silver maybe) is that Trump's approval tends to go down when the news cycle is very busy or chaotic. If it seems like the country is unraveling, the incumbent President is going to take his share of blame for that.

Comment

• I can't believe they will let sleepy joe debate. I hope but not going to hold my breath.

Comment

• It's the thing I find most unacceptable and frustrating about the left/ media as someone that is more independent.
                  Unwillingness to condemn rioting.
                  They condemn rioting in the general sense. They just never point to anyone and say THAT is bullshit. It's all "mostly peaceful" protests. It's easy to condemn something if you don't ever actually say someone is specifically doing it.

So Biden can condemn rioting w/o condemning the fucks who are actually rioting.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                    Good luck with that. And your late to the party on investing in lead. Ammo is damn scarce.
                    So I hear.

Comment

They condemn rioting in the general sense. They just never point to anyone and say THAT is bullshit. It's all "mostly peaceful" protests.
                      They also don't point out or accept the ways in which the narrative underlying the riots is completely false. Granted, the Republicans aren't very good at this either, but the Dems are pushing the "defund the police" too.

Comment

I can't believe they will let sleepy joe debate. I hope but not going to hold my breath.
                        Biden did so well against Bernie 1 on 1 that Trump is now accusing him of using drugs to improve his performance (possibly as a joke)

Comment

They condemn rioting in the general sense. They just never point to anyone and say THAT is bullshit. It's all "mostly peaceful" protests. It's easy to condemn something if you don't ever actually say someone is specifically doing it.

So Biden can condemn rioting w/o condemning the fucks who are actually rioting.
                          I don't think I've ever heard any Dem speak against Antifa or BLM by name. They lamely speak against "rioters" but they don't condemn the ones who are responsible for starting the rioting.

They're deathly afraid to do that. If they outright condemn the looters and rioters, they will be condemning 2/3 of their voting base. They want the votes of those jackwads that loot their local Target store and carry off 55" TV's as a sign of "showing their frustrations". They'll never criticize those who break in to Gucci or Nike stores, then loot and burn them because they are hoping those people will vote Democratic on election day. The people who are burning these cities are for the most part Democratic voters. They sure aren't Republicans.

The election may come down to a single question. Do you support or condemn rioting? If you support rioting, you vote for KamalaJoe. If you want a return to law and order, by force if necessary, you vote for Trump. It may get that bad.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I wonder if this go around with rioters will start to ding the Ds a bit. I mean, we all see what the Media and the Ds are doing with this and their nonsensical "peaceful" protestors. There's a willful refusal to condemn these people. At best you get a mealy-mouth half-assed, "I don't support riots" or some such thing without ever actually pointing to people and saying THAT is bullshit. They refuse to call it out. Ever. BUT, they will attack police at the fucking drop of a hat. And in so doing they are providing a window to their soul. I don't think it'll be enough to help PDJT avoid his own catastrophic campaigning, but it's a lifeline.

Joe Biden could actually probably lockdown the win if he was able to make a strong, moderate speech explicitly condemning shit on the left that most of us of reluctant Biden voters find abhorrent. Instead you get the fucktwat version of "if I offended you, then I'm sorry..." sort of thing..."if they're rioters, then I condem them, but I'll never say they're rioters..."
                            That's the result of the obsession with bad statistics. The dems are only looking at social media, internet hits and TV numbers- how many people react and where they fall. Sure, they see the reactions in favor of this insanity outnumbering the fools who stick their red necks out condemning them. They fail to take into account those of us who are too busy and frustrated to waste our time arguing- or participating in "polls". That's likely a majority and it's probably skewed, and trending, to the "enough of this bullshit" side.

Comment

....Ammo is damn scarce...
                              I typically reload plinking ammo for the range. But being summer lazy, I figured I'd squander some cash and buy. Went out to Cheaper Than Dirt and got a real eye opener. Shipping and handling now STARTS at $15 regardless of what you order. Price per round is out of this world if you don't buy Russian crap. 7.62x39 is a buck a round. 223/556 is $1.25. A box of 100 .380 is normally overpriced at $30 now selling for $150.

Ahhhh, supply and demand, rampant paranoia, and partisan hysterics.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It's a good time to be an ammo manufacturer, that much is certain.

Comment

Working...
                                X