No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must have a lot of great days! Wiz wakes up angry and goes to bed angry and in between he's angry. And you didn't even mention Scott Frost.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• For Buchanan: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...cy%20Challenge

It sort of details the challenges Biden faces. Of some note, 1M vaccinations a day is a fairly modest goal given that we've been pretty close to that. Logistical bottlenecks don't magically disappear with helicopter money. And, I think, the most important point -- the tendency to blame PDJT for everything obscures other, important systemic failures -- namely the complete bureaucratic failure of the CDC.

I also didn't know that Biden was going to rename "Operation Warp Speed" because it was a failure. LMMFAO. The one covid thing thtat clearly succeeded during PDJT's administration. Just LMMFAO.

Comment

• A $15/hr minimum wage will be disastrous. Just a ridiculous idea and in one stroke of his pen, Biden will become more harmful to US financial well-being than Trump was in four years.

Bah. Unless they have changed, France doesn’t even offer nearly that much. It was $22k/year in France and in one ridiculous law we jump past them to $31,200?
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, apparently you oppose Covid Relief, AA.

Comment

• All that mandatory minimum wage does is force smaller businesses to lay people off so that they can pay more money to less people.

But, Biden!
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• A new hire teacher in many states after a bachelors degree and certification starts at mid 30’s.

Throw in cops, social workers, and a thousand other skilled and semi-skilled professions. So, either they bump up the wage or the number of people willing to go to college or through training starts dropping off.

Mom and Pops with razor-thin margins just won’t hire anyone and layoffs will be coming.

But the megacorps will start replacing labor with other things. Amazon factories are already becoming automated. Been to a Wal-Mart that only has self-check out? McDonald’s is not only transitioning to ordering kiosks, but robotic burger and fry cooks (I’m not kidding), bank tellers are being replaced with AI ATMs. And what services can’t be automated will go up wildly in price.

Why stop there? Let’s set minimum wage at $100k/year. Bah.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's an interesting move in a time when small to mid-sized businesses have really been crushed.

But, yes, automation is the answer to it all. It seems like Biden is pretty much set on expediting the move to automation ASAP. Which, I think, is great for Covid Relief.

Comment

• But the megacorps will start replacing labor with other things. Amazon factories are already becoming automated. Been to a Wal-Mart that only has self-check out? McDonald’s is not only transitioning to ordering kiosks, but robotic burger and fry cooks (I’m not kidding), bank tellers are being replaced with AI ATMs. And what services can’t be automated will go up wildly in price.
                  This is happening in little old Shiawassee County Michigan. The last two times I went to our local Wal Mart, there were no in-person cashiers. Not one. There was one single supervisor watching the smaller self-checkout area, but not one register open for those of us who like to have a cashier. Fast food joints are absolutely more automated than they used to be. That's what large minimum wages get you.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That's what auomation gets you. That's going to happen regardless of what the minimum wage is. A significant increase in the minimum wage will simply expedite the process because the automation options, obviously, becomes more cost-effective.

Comment

• Here’s a WSJ article from 2019 on what McD’s is doing with regards to cooking robots and automated computer ordering.

The megacorps will all do this. The Mom and Pops can’t afford the robots or the $32k/yr minimum wage. Fuck them, I guess.

Comment

• Tax the megacorps into oblivion. Level the playing field! Problem solved!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Tax the megacorps into oblivion. Level the playing field! Problem solved!
                          You know that will be the answer. Just disastrous. China will be laughing their asses off.

I need to buy a Rosetta Stone- Mandarin.

Comment

• This is worth a read: https://www.thomasmoresociety.org/wp...4_issue_37.pdf

It's the proposed set of standard for education in the State of Illinois. I mean, it's REALLY worth a read. My favorite new proposed standard:

Embrace and encourage progressive viewpoints and perspectives that leverage asset thinking toward traditionally marginalized populations
                            We're at a point where we no longer even have to subtley hide the obvious goal of political indoctrination. We'll see if the Illinois General Assembly adopts what is actually a Neo-Marxist Indoctrination standard. I mean, that's not even some scare hyperbolic label.

Comment

• Anyway, I hate to derail this forum with talk about vaccinations, economics, jobs and education when the key issue of the day is removing someone from office who is longer in office. My apologies, DSL. I'm sure you'll get us back on track.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                This is worth a read: https://www.thomasmoresociety.org/wp...4_issue_37.pdf

It's the proposed set of standard for education in the State of Illinois. I mean, it's REALLY worth a read. My favorite new proposed standard:

We're at a point where we no longer even have to subtley hide the obvious goal of political indoctrination. We'll see if the Illinois General Assembly adopts what is actually a Neo-Marxist Indoctrination standard. I mean, that's not even some scare hyperbolic label.
                                I read of an elementary school where the teacher gave an assignment where the students had to deconstruct their race and rank themselves with regards to their race’s power and privilege over others. 3rd graders, iirc.

It was California, but it’s coming everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X