Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

My only comment is I wish you would take the 5th and STFU...

Comment

• Meanwhile...numerous D's encouraged and aided the "mostly peaceful riots" in the "Summer of Love 2020"...
      Attached Files
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Well, there was plenty of violence. And breaking into Pelosi's office and many other places surely isn't staying within the ropes. But I'll agree with you that they were a truly pathetic group of people.​
          No. According to my news everyday, they were worse then the 9/11 terrorists. They are to be remembered by your grandchildren and you can tell stores about how our democracy was about to be oblivion by these horrific white nationalists. That doesn't sound pathetic to me. On par with the Nazis'

Comment

• Seems kind of bad for Fox that Hannity, Tucker, and other high-end employees admitted under oath that they never believed the voting machine lies but pushed them on-air anyways.

Hannity and Other Fox Employees Said They Doubted Trump’s Fraud Claims - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              We can start with this

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...nal-indictment

And move on to this.
              ​​​​​​

Former U.S. President Donald Trump, his global family business and three of his adult children were accused Wednesday by the New York state attorney general of engaging in a “staggering” fraud for more than a decade by overvaluing their assets by billions of dollars to enrich themselves.

In a 220-page lawsuit filed in New York State Supreme Court, the state attorney general, Letitia James, accused the former U.S. leader of routinely lying on his financial net worth statements, wildly inflating the value of his real estate holdings “to obtain beneficial financial terms” on bank loans and insurance premiums while cutting the values on other documents to reduce taxation.

James said Trump was able to obtain $250 million in ill-gotten gains, money that she now wants his company, the Trump Organization, to forfeit.

Oh yeah, let's not forget Kushner

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...i-hustling/​
              Look, you know I'm no fan of the Trumps but the New Yorker article states that the investigation into the Trump kids began in 2010. 12 years later nobody has been indicted. Isn't there a saying that an average DA can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich?

The rest falls on Donald and Kushner, not to mention the obvious political aspect of Leticia James' lawsuit. Also worth noting that case is civil and not criminal.

Comment

• Hey speaking of the Leticia James lawsuit, a Florida federal judge denied Trump's demand for an injunction against her from looking into his Trust documents.

Check out the footnote on the very last page. The Judge urges Trump to abandon his lawsuit against her altogether as he's very likely to deem it a frivolous suit. This is the same judge who dismissed Trump's lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and a million other people as being a total joke. His lawyers got slapped with sanctions for that. The Judge is warning them that more are coming if they keep these nuisance suits coming.

Denial of PI request - DocumentCloud

Comment

• So that incoming House Republican George Santos that appears to have made up most of his resume?

Apparently he also lied about being the grandchild of Holocaust survivors

Incoming congressman George Santos' claims his grandparents fled the Holocaust contradicted by genealogy records | CNN Politics

And while being married at one point doesn't mean he's not gay, his marriage & divorce apparently was never discovered until now either

‘Openly Gay’ Rep.-Elect George Santos Didn’t Disclose Divorce With Woman (thedailybeast.com)

Seems like NO ONE vetted this dude.​​

Comment

• The Zelenski trip to the WH and then his speech before congress has happened. It's nice theater but it also lays out the larger issue of the costs of ignoring Putin's maximalist goals.

WIthin the last several days, Putin and his generals have laid out plans to expand Russian forces, principally infantry and the armor and artillery that support ground warfare in the face of NATO expansion. They argue they have no choice with FInland and Sweden joining NATO. While none of these plans will impact Putin's war in Ukraine, it signals Russian willingness to pursue it's imperial designs to bring as much of eastern Europe under Russia's control as possible in the coming years - IOW, a return to the boarders of the old USSR.

It's important to view the war in Ukraine as the initial battle ground of Putin's road of conquest. In modern post WWII times of relative global peace and prosperity, this road of conquest, outlined by Putin, is unprecedented. Part of Zelenski's message to the west is that ignoring the reality of the threat to freedom and democracy Putin's Russia presents will be a costly mistake.

Russia and Putin can be stopped in Ukraine. His forces are in trouble, weakened by poor morale, shitty equipment and a collapsing economy that is becoming unable to support the costs of continuing to wage war in Ukraine. Backing off now, worst of all brokering negotiations for some kind of peace deal with Russia, just gives Putin a chance to regroup and rearm. He's made his goals crystal clear. All I'm hearing from opponents of continuing robust support for Ukraine are whataboutisms - what about the wall and immigration, what about corruption in Ukraine, what about this and that. I've not heard a good argument mounted identifying why Putin's path of conquest he's laid out should not be confronted. On an equal scale are a dearth of arguments that show the world should ignore Putin's genocidal brutality, destruction and the human suffering his war in Ukraine has wrought.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I noticed he wore his best sweatshirt for the occasion.

Comment

• There's basically three types who are opposed to helping Ukraine

1) Principled isolationists. Not large in numbers.

2) People who will oppose literally anything supported by Biden or what they call "The Establishment". Mindless tribalism.

3) Putin-lovers. A substantial chunk of the Alt Right and White Nationalist crowd openly admires Putin because they view him as someone who projects strength/masculinity, hates gays, makes sure women know their place, and minorities are always kept in a subordinate role in society. These people view all foreign affairs as an extension of the domestic culture war and Russia appears a vastly superior society to America in their view. America/The West are decadent. Russia represents TradCon values.

Comment

• I'm a putin-loving white nationalist. I might as well save time and claim it because that's how I'd be branded anyway.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I mean it’s not hard to see why half the Republican Party is against helping Ukraine when right wing media constantly bombards them with shit like this
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                There's basically three types who are opposed to helping Ukraine

1) Principled isolationists. Not large in numbers.

2) People who will oppose literally anything supported by Biden or what they call "The Establishment". Mindless tribalism.

3) Putin-lovers. A substantial chunk of the Alt Right and White Nationalist crowd openly admires Putin because they view him as someone who projects strength/masculinity, hates gays, makes sure women know their place, and minorities are always kept in a subordinate role in society. These people view all foreign affairs as an extension of the domestic culture war and Russia appears a vastly superior society to America in their view. America/The West are decadent. Russia represents TradCon values.
                                If principled isolationists includes people who think that we should spend $100 billion at home instead of abroad, then they are very large in numbers. Also -- Putin lovers, do exist, but they are dwarfed in number by Zelensky ball washers. Both of them are corrupt totalitarian oligarchs. It's obvious at this point that the Ukraine is a money laundering operation, combined with being one last shot at glory for the boomer era Neocons who never met a military intervention that they didn't like.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; December 22, 2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X